Hope Always
During one of my amazing Bible study times I came across verse Isaiah 49:16 NIV 1984 version: It simply said "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands". I love this version too it is the Amplified: Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion]. 

I immediately pictured in my spirit Jesus at the cross, being held down as the centurions drove the nails into his palms. I saw it, and felt myself shake my head in disbelief, as if I was there diverting my eyes to look away at such a picture of pain and torture. How could this man Jesus Christ just lay there as they started pounding in the nail into his blood soaked hand and palm? Driving it into the cross, until you see the nail come out the other side! Make it Stop! 

I heard in my spirit "that was your name being engraved in my palms, with those nails!" I wept! I thanked Him, I told Him how sorry I was HE had to do that for me! I then wrote this:

HOW GREAT IS YOUR LOVE
THAT YOU DIED FOR ME.
HOW GREAT WAS OUR SIN
THAT DAY AT CALVARY.

YOU NAILED MY SINS UPON
THAT BEAUTIFUL TREE
AND ENGRAVED ME
ON THE PALM OF YOUR HANDS.

A LOVE SO DEEP 
I CAN'T COMPREHEND
YOU DIED FOR ME
BUT THEN ROSE AGAIN

BUT NOT BEFORE YOU 
ENGRAVED ME
ON THE PALM OR YOU HANDS


It was YOUR name too, that HE engraved on the palm of HIS hands!!!

0 Responses

Post a Comment